THE OXICLEAN CHALLENGE CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
THE OXICLEAN CHALLENGE CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR PROVINCE OR TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”). A VALID E-MAIL IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST.
1. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
(a) be a legal resident of Canada;
(b) be of the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence or older at the time of entry;
Employees of Church & Dwight Canada Corp. (the "Sponsor"), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, representatives, the independent judging organization or persons with whom any of these are domiciled or a member of their immediate family (defined as mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and husband or wife) of any of the above persons are not eligible to enter the Contest. Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprise and business entities are not eligible to enter the Contest.
The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Monday, September 18, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017 (the "Contest Period") and is comprised of eight (8) weekly segments (each a “Segment”):
START AND END DATES
Sept. 18, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. ET to Sept. 22, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET
Sept. 23, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. ET to Sept. 29, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET
Sept 30, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. ET to Oct. 6, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET
Oct. 7, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. ET to Oct. 13, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET
Oct. 14, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. ET to Oct. 20, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET
Oct. 21, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. ET to Oct. 27, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET
Oct. 28 2017 at 12:00 a.m. ET to Nov. 3, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET
Nov. 4, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. ET to Nov. 10, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET
After which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
3. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, visit www.oxicleanchallenge.ca (the “Contest Website”) and complete the entry registration form by providing your first name, last name, e-mail address, telephone number and postal code.
(a) To enter into the contest, visit the Contest Website during the Contest Period and click on “ENTER TO WIN” button. Entrant must follow the instructions, read and accept the Rules and Terms & Conditions, tell us what brand of stain fighter you currently use, complete a Story Submission on how you go the extra mile and click on “SUBMIT” (“Written Reviews”). Upon complete Written Reviews, you will receive one (1) entry to the Grand Prize sweepstakes and one (1) entry to the Weekly Prize sweepstakes.
(b) Daily entry limit: Limit of one (1) Written Review per person, per day during the Contest Period. Limit of one (1) registration per person, per e-mail address and phone number. The same e-mail address cannot be used by more than one person. The same ten-digit phone number cannot be used by more than one person. If it is discovered that you have registered or attempted to register more than once, or attempted to submit more than the stated number of Written Reviews by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods, all of your entries will be declared null and void, and you will not be eligible to receive or be awarded any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete or incomprehensible contact information supplied by entrants. Any attempted entry or registration form submission using electronic, computerized or any other type of means that go against the spirit of this Promotion (e.g.: hacking, mass e-mailing, etc.) will automatically be rejected and could be referred to the authorities. Any automated registration form will be detected and rejected.
(c) All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and none will be returned for any reason. Written Reviews must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Written Reviews will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a prize.
(d) Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, “authorized account holder" of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each selected entrant may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
(e) All Written Review entries for the Grand Prize Sweepstakes will grant Sponsor the following rights:
a. An irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free perpetual license to use and exploit the Written Review, including, without limitation, the title(s) and each and every element of the Written Review, in whole or in part, in any and all manner and media throughout the world without notice or compensation; and
b. The right to use your name, voice, image, likeness and biographical data in connection with both the Written Review and the Promotion, including, without limitation, in credits, advertising, publicity, promotional and marketing materials.
(f) All Written Review entries will be reviewed and vetted for approval. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to (a) revise the Written Review (b) remove any Written Review which are deemed inappropriate according to the Sponsor; and (c) disqualify any individual who is found: (i) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (ii) to be acting in violation of the Rules; or (iii) to be acting in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner; (iv) to be in violation of any of the Terms & Conditions; or (iv) to be engaging in any other offensive conduct that jeopardizes the integrity and/or administration of the Contest, which shall be determined at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
(g) Written Review entries are not guaranteed to be posted on any advertising/marketing/promotional channels.
(h) Full Terms & Conditions must be consented to before the Written Reviews can be submitted.
4. PRIZES: There are a total of eight (8) Weekly Prizes (each a “Weekly Prize” and collectively the “Weekly Prizes”) and one (1) Sweepstakes Grand Prize (the “Grand Prize”) available to be won at the outset of the promotion:
- One (1) Grand Prize consists of:
- One (1) design consultation with Sarah Baeumler. The consultation will last up to 30 minutes via Skype.
- The Grand Prize winner must provide the following materials before the consultation:
- Images/video of laundry room
- The above are required in 5 business days
- After the consultation, Sarah Baeumler and her design team will provide the following within 4 to 6 weeks:
- Blueprint/mock-up of her design ideas AND a mood board for colours, textures, décor and style elements
- One (1) five thousand dollars Canadian ($5,000 CDN) cheque to be used towards the Laundry Room Makeover
- Approx. Retail Value ($10,000 CDN)
- Eight (8) Weekly Prizes each comprising of:
· One (1) OxiClean™ Colour Shield (750ml) ARV $7.99
· One (1) OxiClean™ White Revive (750ml) ARV $7.99
· One (1) OxiClean™ MaxForce™ Foam (9oz) ARV $5.99
· One (1) OxiClean™ MaxForce™ Spray (354ml) ARV $5.99
Approx. Retail Value ($27.96 CDN)
(a) Winners are not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate prize value, if any.
(b) Sponsor will contact winners to coordinate prize arrangements within sixty (60) days after the Prize winners has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein.
(c) Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Any unused portion of a prize will be forfeited and have no cash value. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
(d) The Sponsor shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected prizes.
5.1 GRAND PRIZE DRAW:
One (1) Grand Prize winner shall be selected as follows:
(a) On or about November 17, 2017, 12:00 pm ET in Toronto, Ontario, one (1) entrant will be selected as potential Grand Prize winner by a random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of being selected as a potential Grand Prize winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Before being declared a Grand Prize winner, the selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail, to comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).
(b) THE SELECTED ENTRANT WILL BE NOTIFIED BY E-MAIL OR TELEPHONE NO LATER THAN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS FOLLOWING THE DRAW AT 5:00 P.M. ET AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond by e-mail or telephone to the e-mail address or contact number provided in the notification, and the selected entrant’s response must be received by the Sponsor within two (2) business days of such notification. If the selected entrant does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive the Grand Prize and another entrant may be selected in the Sponsor’s sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a selected entrant’s response.
(c) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible prize claimants after the Contest’s closing date to award the correct number of prize.
(d) Sponsor will not be held to award more than one (1) Grand Prize as set out in these Contest Rules.
5.2 WEEKLY PRIZE DRAWS:
Eight (8) Weekly Prize winners shall be selected as follows:
(e) On the following dates listed below, in Toronto, Ontario, one (1) entrant will be selected as potential Weekly Prize winner by a random draw from all eligible entries received up until that Segment. Entries that are not selected in a Weekly Prize Draw will be carried forward through all subsequent draws within the Contest Period. The odds of being selected as a potential Weekly Prize winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by the Sponsor during a particular Segment and the Contest Period. Before being declared a Weekly Prize winner, each selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail, to comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).
(f) Weekly Draw Dates and Times:
· September 25, 2017 at 12:00 pm ET
· October 2, 2017 at 12:00 pm ET
· October 9, 2017 at 12:00 pm ET
· October 16, 2017 at 12:00 pm ET
· October 23, 2017 at 12:00 pm ET
· October 30, 2017 at 12:00 pm ET
· November 6, 2017 at 12:00 pm ET
· November 13, 2017 at 12:00 pm ET
(g) EACH SELECTED ENTRANT WILL BE NOTIFIED BY E-MAIL OR TELEPHONE NO LATER THAN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS FOLLOWING THE DRAW AT 5:00 P.M. ET AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond by e-mail or telephone to the e-mail address or contact number provided in the notification, and the selected entrant’s response must be received by the Sponsor within two (2) business days of such notification. If the selected entrant does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Weekly Prize and another entrant may be selected in the Sponsor’s sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a selected entrant’s response.
(h) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible prize claimants after the Contest’s closing date to award the correct number of prizes.
(i) Sponsor will not be held to award more Weekly Prizes than as set out in these Contest Rules.
(j) Limit of one (1) Weekly Prize per entrant during the Contest Period.
6. RELEASE. Prior to being declared a winner and receiving the Weekly Prize and/or Grand Prize, potential winners will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms winners’: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of the Sponsor and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsor of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor’s collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within two (2) business days of the date indicated on the accompanying letter of notification or the verification as a winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
The Potential winners may be required to furnish proof of identification that may include a driver’s license or other form of picture identification as part of the verification process. If any prize winner is not in compliance with these Contest Rules, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the prize, or if telephone/e-mail/mail communication between the Sponsor or its agent and potential winner’s telephone/e-mail/mail cannot be completed or is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding number or address, or if the winner fails to return the Declaration and Release/Waiver by the specified date, the prize may be forfeited. The signed Declaration and Release/Waiver, among other things, releases the Sponsor, its respective subsidiaries and associated companies, agents, including advertising and promotional agencies, and the Promotion Judges, from all liability relating to the Contest and acceptance and/or use of the prize and confirms the winner’s compliance with the Contest Rules.
7. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing or otherwise. The Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest and/or the Contest Website.
9. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Website and made available throughout the Contest Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest and/or the Contest Website; and/or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Winners must observe the Contest Rules and at all times behave appropriately when receiving their Prize. The Sponsor reserves the right to (i) remove themselves at any time from the premise of any winner if a winner fails to behave appropriately; and (ii) to disqualify such winner.
10. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
By participating in the Contest, entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address (collectively the “Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the winners; (ii) if declared a winner, grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsor may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Sponsor in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
12. TERMINATION. Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in the Province of Québec, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
13. LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario.
14. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event of any discrepancies between the English language Contest Rules and the non-English language Contest Rules, the English language Contest Rules shall prevail to the extent permitted by applicable law.
15. QUEBEC, CANADA: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.